This recipe is for italian tomato soup. It’s vegetarian, and perfect for cold autumn days.
“Everyday Italian soup” was the name of this soup when I first stumbled upon it.
That was about 10 years ago in hjemkundskab (~domestic science at school).
Since then it’s been adapted a little, and it became the thing me and my mom made for dinner when we were home alone. Now, whenever I make it myself, I always send her a loving thought.
This recipe is for 2 people, and I often make a double portion and save the leftovers in the freezer.
Vegetarian Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 0.5 L vegetable broth
- 0.5 tbsp basil
- Salt & pepper
- 50 g spaghetti
- 0.5 dL tomato paste
- 0.5 dL creme fraiche - I sometimes use skyr or greek yoghurt, because that’s something I always have anyway. You can also use cream.
- 1 tomato
- Chop onion and leek
- Saute both in the oil until golden
- Add broth and spices
- Bring to a boil
- Break the spaghetti into smaller pieces and add to the soup
- Let it boil for 12 minutes
- Add tomato paste and creme fraiche
- Chop the tomato into small pieces and add to the soup
- Let it simmer for a few minutes