Try this upper body strength workout the next time you’re at the gym!
Am I the only one who feels a bit lazy when your summer holiday finally stars? I think it’s just a natural reaction when you’ve been working over your limit to finish exams, and are then allowed to finally switch off. I think there’s nothing wrong with that, and though I definitely want to relax during my time off, moving my body makes me feel good, so I’ll keep doing that!
This is a strength workout, so remember to use a weight you find challenging; you shouldn’t be able to keep going for multiple reps with good technique at the end of the set.
- 5-10 minutes on the crosstrainer to get in the zone
- Spend a little time warming up and doing some dynamic stretching, foam rolling or other mobility work
- A. DB bench press 3 x 12
- B. One arm row 3 x 12
- C1. DB Shoulder press 3 x 12
- C2. DB Upright row 3 x 12
- D. Lat pull down 3 x 12
- E1. Bicep curls 3 x 12
- E2. Lateral raises 3 x 12
- F1. Face pulls 3 x 15
- F2. Triceps extension 3 x 12
- G. Hanging leg raises 4 x 6
Exercises marked with numbers are part of a superset.
- Rowing intervals
- Get to 20 calories as fast as you can on the rowing machine. Take a short break, then repeat 6 times (add more or reduce the number of rounds depending on your level)
- If you feel like it cool down with a few stretches
Similiar workouts you can try as well:
What kind of workout would you like me to post next? Let me know in the comments!