Goodbye August, hello September!
Wauw. I made it through August – a very hectic month.
August had quite a few big moments: I turned 24, got my degree and moved out of my student-apartment!
Throwback: WHAT I WANTED TO DO IN AUGUST
And yes, I saw that specialist about my neck. If it had gone great, I’d probably be screaming from the rooftops in happiness. I haven’t been doing that. I don’t really know how to describe it, how much to say, but it wasn’t worth the 6-month wait. Let’s leave it at that.
I don’t know what happens next so this is to be continued…
(There’s also a big question mark next to my employment-status, so the job search continues! Another cliffhanger for ya)
In September I want to…
- … Find a good job. They don’t exactly hang on trees, and I’m not the dream-employee in many cases, but I’ll try regardless.
- … See my doctor (GP) again. Long story short, because of moving, I need to switch GPs – which makes me very sad, because my GP has been doing her best to help me with my chronic pain and figuring out what’s wrong – and that trust and understanding is not guaranteed with a new GP.
- … Snuggle up on the couch and watch a feel-good movie. With my sister and a cup of hot cocoa.
- …Enjoy time with family. It’s a weird situation, having to temporarily move home to my parents. It’s not ideal, but on the bright side I get to spend a lot of time with them.
- … Frequently visit S. Another side-effect of this transition period, is that S and I are now in a long-distance relationship before we move in together by the end of the year.
- … Watch Denmark vs Sweden! The final game of the world cup qualifying rounds for France 2019 (actually, by the time this goes up, this was 2 days ago – Denmark lost, but they can still qualify by winning the playoffs!)
- … Read lots. In the time I’ve been home, I’ve already finished two books (This Is Going to Hurt and Born A Crime – recommend both!). For some reason I don’t like reading when I’m on my own (which is weird, because then there’s fewer distractions).
- … Really cut my hair short. For real this time!
- … Bake something with my mom. I have been watching a lot of baking shows lately, and feel inspired to bake myself. Haven’t decided what yet, but my mom and I will be making something delicious 😋
- … It kinda feels like cheating as this is something I’ve already done; Watch Ocean’s 8 and Avengers Infinity War. Yay!
Related: What I want to do in…. Archive
I’d love to hear about what’s going on in your life? What do you look forward to in September?