I love reading. Reading to be entertained, to be caught up in magical stories, visit another world for a short time, to get smarter, to learn how the world works.
My sister loves to read as well, and she taught me how to make the cutest bookmarks from paper, shaped like a little heart. When I shared a picture of my first heart bookmark on instagram, you seemed to find them just as cute as I did. So now I’m going to teach you how to make heart shaped bookmarks.
Step 0. Gather your equipment! You only need a square piece of paper. However, it also needs to have the right size and that?s when the rest come in handy; If it?s too small it?s going to fall out easily, but it shouldn?t be too big to fit in the book either. I usually make them 10 cm /4 inches long.
- Step 1. Square piece of paper.
- Step 2. Fold diagonally – crease and open.
- Step 3. Fold the other diagonal – crease and open.
- Step 4. Turn over and fold in half – crease and open.
- Step 5. Turn over and fold the middles of the crease you just made in forming a triangle – See this animation.
- Step 6. Take the two corners of the triangle?s top layer baseline and bring them to the top – open.
- Step 7. Bring the top to the baseline.
- Step 8. Open the top layer and fold so it looks like step 9.
- Step 9. Look how far you?ve come! Only 5 steps left. Hang in there.
- Step 10. Fold it down.
- Step 11. Fold halfway up.
- Step 12. Use your finger to make and opening and make a tiny triangle in each end – See animation.
- Step 13. Black arrows: Make an even tinier triangle from the edge of both sides. White arrows: Fold a mini triangle from each peak.
- Step 14. Congratulations, you have made your own heart bookmark! 🙂 Optional: Place the bookmark in your favorite fitness book (and suddenly this post became fitness related)