Goals are a part of striving to constantly improve – at least for me. It helps to have something in sight, so I know where to focus my energy.
Buuuuuut an entire year is a really big timeframe. So much can happen in a year, and I find it hard to wrap my head around it, so today I’ll be setting my blog goals for the next 3 months.
I debated for a long time how much I would focus on numbers for my goals. Numbers on social media can easily get to you in a bad way because they’re so easy to compare.
Setting these goals helps me focus on me, and what I find challenging but realistic – instead of comparing myself to others, where I’ll always fall short.
- 1,600 followers on Instagram: I love instagram, and I’m very active there – that’s also why expect the number to grow the most
- 120 likes on Facebook: I find it so hard to grow on facebook. But I’m not really making an effort either – yet!
- 50 followers on Bloglovin’: This might be impossible, but I would love to get my bloglovin’ following going.
- +13,000 total views: That would mean doubling views from the past half year. But I’m trying to be ambitious, ok?
It will be easy to check whether I’ve reached my numerical goals. But the personal goals are the most important ones, and the ones I daily will try to blog by.
- Find my voice: I’m still trying to find out what kind of posts and how I want to to write. I want to discover my own style.
- Post 3 times a week: For a while I found it really hard to write blog posts. I tend to be a perfectionist, and not in a good way. But if there’s something I’ve discovered in December, it is that you don’t have to write “perfect” posts. People respond when you put your personality into what you write (thank you ??)
- Thoughtful commenting: It warms my heart when you leave a comment on my posts. I want to get better at doing the same on blogs I enjoy – instead of just reading, I’ll leave a comment telling them so, and hopefully put a smile on their face.
- Expand my blogger circle: I’ve made some amazing friendships online, and recently I’ve started talking to some awesome people because of blogging – I want to get better at getting out of my comfort zone, and not be afraid of talking to people.
- Guest blog: In extension of the above, I want to reach out to other bloggers to write or post guest blogs. This is something that scares me, because I’m afraid I’ll disappoint. But there’s only one way to get over that fear!
Have you set any blog goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments!