Monthly blog report taking a close look at blog traffic, social media stats and building something meaningful
But why even share these reports? Who would do such a silly thing?
- It’s an ongoing case study: I share what works for me and what doesn’t. I create something I can look back on and see how my blog has developed.
- For the sake of transparency: I don’t want to keep any secrets from my readers. For people who hasn’t owned a blog, it can be difficult to understand what goes on behind the scenes.. I wanna be open about what’s going on with this blog and the directions I take it.
- It helps other bloggers: I know some of you blog too, and find it helpful and insightful to learn more about how I run this blog.
- I’m going to track my stats anyway, so I may as well share it on here 🙂
I don’t share these reports to reduce the value of blogging to simple numbers and graphs. There’s so much more to it than that, and there’s no real way to measure meaningful connections between people. Number of followers and view is just a very bad surrogate for that meaning, but it’s also the most easily accessed and evaluated. I personally only check my blog statistics once a month so I can write these posts.
I’ve written about popularity and blogging for numbers previously, which you can read right here. I mention this post because it’s important to keep your perspective and not put too much meaning into basic numbers and statistics, before we dive in to the data.
In this report we’ll take a look at:
- Budget/Tools I’ve used
- The most popular post by views, comments and shares
- Blog traffic and its sources
- Social media stats
- This month’s takeaway
Thank you for joining me behind the scenes, I’m grateful to have you here!
Budget – Tools I’ve used
At some point this might turn into the ‘Income and Expenses’-section, but at the moment my blog isn’t a moneymaker, it’s a hobby (And I’d just feel a bit weird about discussing my finances in detail).
So instead I’ll share a few of the tools I use most often. I guess it’s the expense section of my non-existent budget.
- Domain & hosting provider: GoDaddy*
- Social sharing plugin: Social Warfare*
- Instagram planning & scheduling: Later
- Pinterest planning & scheduling: Tailwind* (you get a 1-month free trial when you sign up through my
- Planning (everything else!): Trello
You can read more about all the tools I use to run this blog here.
Total number of posts published this month: 4
I was hoping to find more time to write in June. Yet for the first half of the month
The most viewed posts in June
These are the blog posts that the most people have read this month, but they weren’t necessarily published this month
The most shared posts from June
These are the posts published this month with the most shares according to my sharing-plugin
Blog traffic summary
Page views: 5,741 | Visitors: 4,232
Social Media Stats
If you want to learn more about how I used social media, here’s a collection of some of my tips:
- How I gained 90 new followers on Bloglovin’ in a week
- 10 Quick Tips to Help You Take Charge of Twitter
- How to Get the Most Out of Tumblr As a Blogger
You can find all my blogging tips & tricks here.
The Takeaway/In other news….
… The biggest news is, I have been shortlisted for the HBC’s Health Blog Awards in the ‘Best European Health blog’-category! I’m publishing a post all about on Monday, but you can already go vote here.
… I think a lot about the direction of the blog in the future. I’ll soon have a B.Sc. in Sports science and Health, but I also have a sorta broken body. So I know a lot about fitness and exercise, but I’m not able to participate myself. Would it seem inauthentic if I started to post monthly workout plans, even if I’m barely working out myself? I have the knowledge to help people, but I’m not sure how I should go about it.
… My focus for July will be to continue
Still not dizzy from looking at all the numbers? You can dig into earlier blog reports here.
Do you have any questions about blogging you want me to address? Leave them in the comments below!