A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up on my phone.
It tells me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life ♥.
I’m grateful for…
- Watching the new series of A Series of Unfortunate Events, cuddled up on the couch with S
- My new monitor. Due to neck pain, it’s uncomfortable to sit at the desk with my laptop – getting a monitor (as well as a keyboard and mouse) has made it better (even though I can’t sit and work for extended periods of time)
- S being loving and caring on a high pain day like today where I feel unworthy (On one hand, I really don’t want these posts to be over the top with icky over-the-top lovey-dovey stuff. On the other hand, that’s the one area of my life that’s going great right now, and I’m very grateful for that).
- I blogged today! Proud of myself for working on overcoming the anxiety I’ve had about my writing and sharing my work lately
- Pita for dinner. I could have it every day (it’s my first reply whenever S asks what I want for dinner 😅)
- I went on a long walk and met a dog (it’s borderline embarrassing how happy I become when I get to say hello to a dog).
- Been blog blog blogging today – and it was enjoyable!
- Rewatching the Office on HBO (and introducing S to it). There’s some real gems in that show. Especially Jim & Pam’s pranks (and their cute relationship)
- Working out (and training S) at home. I’m in pain now, but honestly, all this inactivity is driving me crazy too, so it’s a relief to do some exercise (even if I have to take it easy).
- Brunch with smoothies and omelette
- I made a cool plugin thing today! And finished reading a book!
- That I didn’t break down crying at an important meeting I had (which would make coming back in a few weeks a lot harder).
What are you grateful for? Share your joys in a comment below!