A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up on my phone.
It tells me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life ♥.
I’m grateful for…
- Got to hang out with my sister for a couple of hours, making smoothies and goofing around.
- Finished reading The Way of Kings. The book gave me that thrill where you can’t stop reading (and when I have to, I keep thinking about the characters and stay in the world).
- When I came home, S made dinner and cared for me, as I was exhausted from travelling. His silly face make me happy.
- I got some good advice today. It’s not going to solve every problem in my immediate future, but I feel more prepared to face those problems.
- Waking up next to S again.
- Finishing another book (it’s such a wonderful feeling – the book itself was just okay).
- The help I receive from my parents – especially my dad today, driving me to my first appointment at the pain clinic, then all the way home afterwards.
- A long walk outside in the beautiful weather. The rest of my body (meaning the parts without chronic pain) feels wonderfully exhausted. And the other pain is actually not doing that bad.
- I saw the cutest black corgi playing outside on a grass field. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it, that’s how freaking cute it was.
- People who create super helpful resources and information, and make it available for free online: Thank you!
- Celebrating my little sister’s 19th birthday with family and delicious food.
- Especially the oreo cheesecake with chocolate mousse. That was so amazing it gets it own point (and I’m really glad I had to stay at my parents’ place a few days, so I could help them get rid of the leftovers the next few days!)
What are you grateful for? Share your joys in a comment below!