A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up on my phone.
It tells me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life.
I’m grateful for…
- S and I went looking at furniture and trying out couches. I absolutely can’t wait to move into our new apartment and live with him.
- I figured out how to add block styles in Gutenberg. This probably doesn’t make sense to you, but I think it’s cool! Next up, building my own block.
- Went to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts 2 and eat lots of popcorn with S. Now I’m disappointed it wasn’t longer, and we have to wait 2 years for the next movie!
- My neck massager for keeping me company multiple times today when I really needed it. Thanks for making the pain slightly more bearable.
- That our house didn’t burn down today. I was jolted awake by the fire alarm early this morning. Even though it was false alarm, it really scared me for a few seconds!
- Counting down the days until S and I move in together. (At the time this post is published, the count is at 3!!!).
- I’ve completed Codecademy’s whole web development path! Learning so many new things.
- Watching RuPaul’s Drag Race with my sister.
- Unemployment insurance! It’s not sexy, but I’d be so screwed without it.
- My dad cooked his lasagna-moussaka combo for dinner – it’s absolutely delicious.
- Another trip to the cinema – this time with my parents to watch Bohemian Rhapsody (which was absolutely amazing). This performance gives me chills.
- I got through today. Sometimes that’s a big thing, and something to be celebrated
What are you grateful for? Share your joys in a comment below!