A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up in my phone, telling me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life.
I’m grateful for…
- Watching Champions League all night with my family ⚽ Even my little brother is home for a short stay. This is really nice.
- I went on a bike ride round a lake where I used to run. I miss running, but I’m grateful that I’m able to find other ways to spend time in nature.
- I published my post on Gutenberg, which took a lot of time to write and create. I know it’s slightly out of my niche, but if it helps just one person, I’ll be happy
- I’m grateful that I got an email making me aware of the fact that someone was impersonating me on facebook (which is super creepy and scary). I’m also grateful that facebook quickly processed my report and removed the account
- This afternoon with my sister. She came home from school early, we cooked lunch together and watched Cable girls. She’s currently learning Spanish in school, while I don’t understand a thing without subtitles, but I love my sister.
- Having a roof over my head for the time being (thanks to my parents). I know this is not an opportunity everyone has when 💩 hits the fan, and I’m not taking all the help I get for granted
- My body felt weird today (and I’ve been somewhat anxious) but I’m grateful for getting through the day without panicking or overreacting, but allowing the negative emotions to exist without taking over. And there’s a new day tomorrow!
- I didn’t have a good day today. I made today a good day.
- I went on a bike ride around Engsøen. I kept a good, comfortable pace, and my neck was sorta okay throughout (much better than the last few times!). Hopefully I’ll feel almost okay tomorrow too.
- I’m realising I can be in pain and have bad day. But I can also be in pain and have a good day. Pain doesn’t always have affect me negatively, I can still be awesome and feel happy
- My neck massager. I am this dog:
What are you grateful for? Share your joys in a comment below!