A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up in my phone, telling me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life.
I’m grateful for…
- I figured out how to do a couple of cool things in Photoshop using actions, which will save me a lot of time in the future. Though I probably spent more time experimenting and learning than I’ll ever save, but I enjoy learning new things.
- I got my hair cut short. I’m not 100% convinced I like how it looks, but I LOVE how it feels. The rest I can get used to!
- Started watching Mr. Robot with S. It’s nice to have time to just relax like this.
- Books. I finished reading the Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy. Well, book 1 of 6 – they’re all in the same big book. But technically each one counts towards my Goodreads yearly reading challenge, right?!
- Too Good To Go. It’s an app that helps shops, restaurants, bakeries etc reduce food waste, my enabling you to pick up leftovers at closing time (for very little money). We got some tasty bread + delicious cake today, and my belly is still very happy.
- When my boyfriend cooks for me. It’s the best. (if you’ve noticed a food theme along the things I’m grateful for – you’re not wrong. Food is amazing!)
- My mom and I made the most delicious mousse using blackberries S and I picked in August. The cocoa crumble on top made it absolutely perfect!
- I wrote a long (ridiculously long) blog post today. I enjoyed writing it, so I hope someone will find it helpful (it’s live here!).
- I’ve had a low pain day 🎊
- My sister passed her driving test. So proud of her (though I find it hard to fully comprehend she’s growing up)
- My hometown. I went on a bike ride round the town. It brings up so many memories and the good kind of nostalgia
- Ross & Joey style naps (napping combined with cuddles is the best)
What are you grateful for?