A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up in my phone, telling me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I’ve started to make a daily lists again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life.
I’m grateful for…
- How delicious waffles are!
- How good it feels to take a nap next to S
- Surprise extra birthday present from my brother: Adam Kay’s This is Going to Hurt.
- When my brother visited me in Odense (before the move) and we went to a couple of stand up shows and a podcast recording for HCA comedy festival
- I’m proud of myself for having so many phone conversations with strangers these past couple of weeks due to apartment hunting – as someone who has previously gone to lengths to avoid phone calls, and screwed things up for herself more than once because anxiety kept her from calling or answering her phone.
- Jane the Virgin for being such a good, wholesome show that never fails to cheer me up
- A big bag of pick ‘n’ mix with lots of sour patches
- WE GOT THE FREAKING APARTMENT!!! IT’S A GOOD SO SIZE, HAS A DISHWASHER, IT’S AFFORDABLE – OH AND IM GOING TO WAKE UP THERE WITH MY BEST FRIEND EVERY DAY IM SO HAPPY
- The apartment news is so good it gets two points
- How supportive and helpful my parents are when it comes to all this moving-mess, I’m so incredibly lucky
- Time alone with my sister, now that I’m sort-of living at my parents’ place again.
- When S brings over food and cooks for me
What are you grateful for?