A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up on my phone.
It tells me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life ♥.
I’m grateful for…
- Doing myself the kindness of self-care by sticking to the 5 daily rests prescribed by the pain clinic
- S for bringing home food and doing the cooking
- That my eyesight hasn’t deteriorated further! Yay for not needing to buy new glasses
- My sister for being just like me and getting up at 5:20 to watch the new Game of Thrones episode (episode 3 – The Long Night). For holding my hand throughout and (nearly) freaking out as much as me.
- Class at the Pain Clinic – grateful for learning how to take care of a body with chronic pain.
- Omg the new game of thrones episode omg omg OMFG!
- The fact that chronic pain is being acknowledged as a diagnosis in the ICD (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems).
- An evening on the couch with pick ‘n’ mix and S.
- Enjoying the sunshine and birds singing on my balcony
- Having the energy to take care of myself – by exercising, taking my meds and eating moderately well
- S coming home with surprise Onsdags snegl, just as I was rummaging through the cupboards for a snack
- I saw my body in a bikini and I didn’t absolutely hate what I saw (that’s progress).
What are you grateful for? Share your joys in a comment below!