A quick list of reasons to be grateful & an exercise in finding the good in each day
Every evening at 9 pm, a little reminder pops up on my phone.
It tells me to write down 3 things I’m grateful for.
This is an exercise I do as part of my pursuit to have a positive mindset, even when faced with challenges from depression, anxiety and chronic pain. This is something I used to do from time to time years back – before finding the good in every day became an absolute necessity. Looking back at the little snippets of joy still warms my heart. That’s why I started making a daily list again.
I hope this will either give you a quick injection of joy and/or inspire you to practice more gratitude in your life ♥.
I’m grateful for…
- The brief moments where I feel mindful or present in my body and actually experience pleasant sensations in my body. Like I’m capable of feeling different things from pain??? How cool!
- Feeling okay with not covering my stomach with a shirt or high waisted shorts (while being alone in the apartment)
- Feeling the warm sunshine all over my body
- The smell coming from the kitchen right now, where S is cooking dinner
- A good day. Not a lot have happened, but I feel joy in my heart
- Being welcomed home by my parents, with lots of love and tasty food
- Getting home (home home) alright, in spite of the real creepy dude at the train station
- Grateful for the wonderful weather and my cozy spot in the sunshine on the balcony with my new chair
- I felt beautiful today
- I revealed to a broader circle of my friends (meaning Facebook friends) that I have chronic pain. Which was a huge step out of my comfort zone (and really hard to revert), but I felt it was necessary part of shaking of the shame, accepting my new life and taking responsibility for it. I’ve had no negative reactions so far, only positive ones.
- Watching the new How to Train Your Dragon 3 (forgotten what it’s called more than that) with S
- A peaceful walk outside
What are you grateful for? Share your joys in a comment below!