And well that is partly because my workouts have been nearly nonexistent thanks to exams and basketball at uni.
But this one – this was a good one! And it was just what I needed after the sad, sad news that my favorite gym is closing in a couple of weeks 😛
So I went to a gym I’ve never been to before – which is always a bit confusing as you try to find your way around to the weights.
The workout was an upperbody workout, mainly focusing on the back. I started with some foam rolling because my legs were SORE from training yesterday, and ended with a short ab attack class.
I love my gyms’ ab attack classes because:
- They’re an awesome workout for the core
- They incorporate full body movements to up the intensity
- It’s a class, so I’m able to push myself more than when I do this kind of exercise alone
- There’s lots of variation in the exercises, both from class to class and from set to set. It’s often tabata (or tabata inspired) interval sessions, and I love the intensity!
This workout was particularly cruel, and I did have to take a few seconds of rest here and there. So are you up for a challenge?
- Warm up on the treadmill ~10 minutes
- Foam rolling
- Seated rows, 3 x 12
- Chest flys, 3 x 12
- Rear delt flys, 3 x 12
- Dumbbell shoulder press 3 x 12
- Dumbbell one arm row 3 x 12
- Lat pull downs 3 x 12
Round 1: Exercise 1 for 40 sec → exercise 2 for 20 sec for two rounds
- A1 Toe touches with 5 kg plates
- A2 Atomic sit ups
- B1 Toe touches with legs apart
- B2 Reverse crunches
Round 2: Exercise 20 sec → rest 10 sec. 2 rounds of each exercise before moving on to the next.
- Power plank with push up (on knees if necessary)
- From plank position, jump forward so your feet are nearly at your hands, then back to a plank
- Rotating side plank on forearms
- Power plank
- Boat hold
- Sitting on the floor, engage your core and lean slightly back, lifting your straight legs up so your body form a V. Keep your arms straight, parallel with the floor.
- Modification: bend your legs, so your lower legs are parallel with the floor
Round 3: 6 min, 6 exercises. 45 sec work → 15 sec rest → next exercise
- Russian twist (with weight)
- Mountain climbers
- Side plank rotation
- Bicycle crunches
- Atomic sit ups on a bench
- Plank with elevated feet
Phew, I’m almost out of breath just from typing up the workout!
Similiar workouts you can try as well:
If you don’t know an exercise, try searching for it on Exrx.net, Bodybuilding.com, YouTube – or you know, Google is usually pretty good at finding stuff on the internet 😉
Though if you have any questions, feel free to leave it in the comments, and I’ll get back to you immediately!