Who’s working out today? I have a gym class booked for this evening, after a long day at uni – trying out flow yoga for the first time. A good stretch is just what I need right now! 🙂
As I’m slowly getting back into the gym grind after my injury, workouts are taking up more and more of my time – and hence more space on the blog! And as a bonus I no longer need to feel like a fraud when I call myself a fitness blogger, so it’s all good!
I wanted to give you a peak into how I workout, and hope it can give you some ideas for your next workout.
- Warm up: Assault bike
- Leg extensions with one leg and an elastic band, 3 x 10
- This is the kind of fun exercises I need to do because of my knee injury.
- Leg curls with one leg and an elastic band, 3 x 10
- Wearing socks/with a rag underneath the foot so it can slide along the floor
- One leg squats, 3 x 10
- With heels on a weight plate to challenge the quads more. The excentric (lowering) part of the exercise on one leg, then both legs when standing up.
- Lunges on bosu ball, 3 x 10
- With the front foot landing on the bosu ball, so there’s a lot of focus on controlling the knee, keeping it aligned with the toes.
- Side lunges, 3 x 10
- Focusing on proper knee aligment, sliding the other foot away, then using the inner thigh muscles to slide it back.
- Body flow class, 1 hour
- A yoga, tai chi and pilates inspired Les Mills class, and a new favorite of mine. It challenges my flexibility, balance and strength and the teacher is so good.
If you don’t know an exercise, try searching for it on Exrx.net, Bodybuilding.com, YouTube – or you know, Google is usually pretty good at finding stuff on the internet 😉
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments, and I’ll get back to you!
What’s a workout you did recently? Let me know in the comments!