I can’t believe it’s been that long, but somehow it just happened.
What’s going on with me?
As you know, I got home from Amsterdam a little while ago. Afterwards, I spent some time at my parents’ place, just relaxing.
That’s when a blogger’s worst nightmare happened. Well, third worst.
I had forgotten to bring my laptop charger (first is no internet, second breaking your camera).
And that’s the story of how I accidentally forced myself to take a blogging break! Which could have made me panic, but I made a conscious decision to make the best of it. So I’ve spent a lot of time with my boyfriend and being outside, enjoying the summer.
Who am I kidding, we were just out to play Pokemon Go. That doesn’t make the weather any less wonderful, though! I feel so full of love that I’m bursting, and I’m grateful for that. Sure, there’s plenty of things I need to do, stuff that should be fixed, things I could do better. Yet some things are going well. And I choose to focus on them, focus on the positive.
I try to think less of what I should be doing, and think about what I want to be doing.
Right now, that’s updating the blog with this ramble. Earlier today it was exercising and setting up a tiny office for myself. And who knows what it will be later!
Sidenote: I live in a dorm room, so I don’t have a lot of space. My new “office” is just a small shelf at the middle of my dining table, separating it so I have a designated work area (and only room for 1 dining guest). But I love it!
When I’m feeling a little down, I like to think of all the things I have to feel grateful for. Not in a look at all these good things, how dare you feel bad, you idiot, but in a hey, I actually have good things in my life that make me happy. For me, it’s always the little things, the ones others find silly – but who cares what other thinks! (confession: I kinda do. But I try not to).
Little things I’m grateful for today
- That I can always come home to my parents and get showered with love
- Bjarne. That’s what I call the cat that recently started sneaking around at my dorm (and into my apartment when the door is open).
- How delicious watermelon is
- Pokemon Go – that game is awesome, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. And by fight, I mean a Pokemon battle.
- The amazing readers that spend time looking at my silly writing! It’s so lovely to get back from vacation and discover so many heartwarming comments.
What’s something you’re grateful for today? Let me know in the comments!