Hello from the library! It’s half past two and I just got out of classes. I wanted to take a little bit of time to talk to you before I head out for the long bike ride home.
How was your week?
Here are a few snippets from mine
…. I have a severe case of Monday-brain, so I feel more zombie than human today
…. I went to the gym 5 times last week – without my body feeling overworked
…. That makes me so happy because I haven’t done that in a year (or is years? I’ve been sick and injured for so long I don’t even remember)
… AND I WENT RUNNING. For a really short distance, very slowly. But I did it.
…. It’s December and I love feeling the Christmas spirit all around
…. I finished reading The Power of Habit by Charles Duhig and it was really interesting. Will definitely be writing more about that here when I find the time!
…. Decided it was time to get better at speaking English even though it’s scary, so I’m currently practising with little videos on my Insta story.
… Switched up my usual workout routine with this great workout
…. Got a new pair of glasses. I always think I look like a weirdo with glasses on, but 1) I kinda am a weirdo 2) The woman who worked at the store found the perfect pair for me in about 10 seconds
Things I’m totally gonna do this week
- 4 workouts: I’ve actually planned 5 workouts again this week – but I got a busy week ahead with lots of other commitments, so it would completely acceptable if I had to cut 1 or 2 out.
- Go to a seminar about anxiety: I stumbled over a folder about this seminar at my therapist’s waiting room. It sounded interesting, so I signed up – and completely forgot about until today. As I’m going alone it does make me feel anxious (isn’t that ironic) – but hopefully I’ll learn a lot from it!
- Kick ass at uni: There’s a lot of work to do for me this week (so much that the sheer thought of it makes me want to quit already). But I’ll try my best to get through – and that’s really all that anyone could ask from me.
Things that’ll show up on the blog this week
so get excited!
- Something about overtraining
- Another thing about strength training for beginners
Things I posted a really long time ago
that we’ve all happily forgotten about
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies – “It’s for the blog!!!
I mean look at…
… this cat-whispering baby
… this messy fluff ball
… this bubble eating monster
What do you want to achieve this week? Let me know in the comments!