I’m currently sat on a sofa by the entrance of my university, lots of people rushing by.
It’s weird to be back here. With all the ways I’ve been sick, it was impossible for me to come here for a while. That’s basically the big news since last Monday. I’m studying again – full time. It’s not what my therapist recommended, but I felt like I was well enough to stop being home all the time – and because of the lack of flexibility with classes for my degree, this was the only thing that made sense. I know it’s going to be a challenge, but I know it’s not impossible either if I manage to convince myself that getting passing is more important than perfection.
On a lighter note, have you watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them yet? I went to the movies Saturday with my boyfriend and absolutely loved it!
Things I totally did last week
or at least tried to
- Go to the gym 4 times: In reality, I went 3 times – which isn’t bad at all! Instead, I did yoga at home to make up for the final.
- Do daily shoulder exercises (as prescribed by physio): This went well during the week… then not so much in the weekend. Oops!
Things I’m totally gonna do this week
- Attend all my classes: So I’m back at uni. And it is HARD. Today is just my second day of classes and it’s draining. But my drive is stronger and I want to this. I have two different courses this quarter: One is super interesting, the other… well there’s a lot of group work which is the only thing that motivates me to attend the class – even though I don’t know anybody yet and my social anxiety tries to make me stay at home.
- Gym 4 times: This may be wishful thinking as a full week of classes will leave me exhausted – but I want to keep this good streak going.
- If everything fails, go back to basic: In case studying gets too overwhelming, I give myself permission to prioritise. That means skipping everything that isn’t vital, make sure I take my medicine and get enough to eat – and allow myself to relax when I need it. Things have quickly gotten better since I hit rock bottom, but I need to remember this isn’t a sprint and I need the energy to keep going in the long run.
Things that’ll show up on the blog this week
so get excited!
- Workout: This week we’re incorporating EMOMs into a home workout
- Blogging: A little bit about Blogmas! It’s still November, but Sunday is the 1st advent so it’s totally acceptable tostart talking about Christmas
Things I posted a really long time ago
that we’ve all happily forgotten about
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies – “It’s for the blog!!!
I mean look at…
… this talking beauty
… this two-headed baby-dog mutant
… this gold digger
What do you want to achieve this week? Let me know in the comments!