Read in Danish
The breaking news of this week is:
I’m tired. Thanks mono.
It’s frustrating because there’s so much I want to do, while all my body wants to do is nap.
I don’t know if it’s just my uni, but planning doesn’t seem to be something the teachers are really into here. I was supposed to start on Monday, and have classes every day until Thursday – but in reality I didn’t start before Wednesday, and had a ‘*really** long day, not the ideal start for somebody who’s sick (but to be fair, I wasn’t the only one that looked like they could use another few days of vacation!).
I’m trying to take into account that I need more recovery time after doing some kind of work or going to class. So I pretty much schedule some downtime for myself, so my brain will let me relax properly and stop thinking about the rest of my to-do list.
I’m learning to accept that some days doesn’t go as wished or planned, and that’s okay. It’s not a reason to beat yourself up!
I sometimes wonder if I come across as someone who moans or complains a lot here. I could pretend that I’m always smiling and that you should be jealous of my awesome life. It’s so easy to pretend you’re something you’re not on the internet. But I spend my days pretending I’m not tired and depressed, and so this space online where I can be honest is very important to me. It might make me a “bad blogger”, but being true to myself is more important than being popular to me.
Things I totally did last week
or at least tried to
- Get a good start of the school year: So far so good – but we’re only just beginning!
- Get back to the gym: I went to the gym 0 times this week. After I was in a minor car accident a week ago, my legs are still bruised and hurting – and combined with everything else draining my energy it just wasn’t happening. I still got my daily walks, though!
- Watch the Paralympics: I’ve watched a lot so far – and as you know, I’m a big football fan, and I was so impressed by the blind football players’ touch on the ball, they were just incredible. And overall, I love watching sports and talented athletes!
Things I’m totally gonna do this week
- Go for daily walks: In the car accident, my knees got bruised up pretty badly, which is making it hard for me to feel whether my knee is ready to go running or workout again. So until that fades away, I’m making it a priority to at least go for a long walk every day – that also does wonders for my mental wellbeing and clearing my head.
- Set aside 30 minutes of ‘me-time’ every day: While I’m back at uni, these little breaks are getting even more important – it’s 30 times for deep breaths and being nice to myself. It’s so easy to get caught up in all the things you could do better, rather than be proud of all the things you’re already doing.
Things that’ll show up on the blog this week
so get excited!
- A post questioning what it means to be healthy, and if six-packs can be unhealthy
- A post about how to use a social media site I’ve been getting a lot of questions about ever since I published my first blog report
Things I posted a really long time ago
that we’ve all happily forgotten about
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies –“It’s for the blog!!!”
I mean look at…
… these babies
… these even more adorable sirens
What do you want to achieve this week? Let me know in the comments!