This week has been… quite a week.
I’m feel like I’m slowly starting to kick mono’s butt.
And then something tragic happened. The kind that isn’t mine to share online. In a way this doesn’t affect me, but still can’t help but be touched by, more I can’t share.
So instead, let’s focus on the new week and a fresh start.
Raise your hand if you’re ready to go back to Hogwarts!
Raise your hand if you’re still waiting for your Hogwarts acceptance letter, and have to stay in uni until you get it.
Things I totally did last week
or at least tried to
- Go for short walks: I have been walking a lot this week! Over an hour daily, some days over multiple trips, depending on how fresh I was feeling. But it feels good to be getting active again, and it’s making my body feel happier too.
- Do the 2 easy knee exercises every other day: I set up the band I use for these exercises right next to my dining/office table so it’s there to remind to do a couple of exercises while I’m watching TV. I went for a short run Saturday, which was more than my knee is ready, so I’ll have to just do the exercises this week too.
- Don’t feel guilty about being sick: In a way, it’s sort of been a success, because there’s been more important things on my mind. It’s still something I have to work on.
Things I’m totally gonna do this week
- Get a good start of the school year: This is the kind of thing I think every year – and it always go wrong eventually. Yet, I’ll still try my best to push the ‘eventually’ as far into the future as possible.
- Get back to the gym: I know it’ll be draining to start at uni again, and going to the gym is tough too. But I want to get back at least once – Maybe in the weekend if my days are too long (I actually cheated an went to the gym after writing this Sunday. It’s so exciting to be back!).
- Watch the Paralympics: Because goals can be enjoyable too! I love all things sport, and this year the danish TV station says they’re inspired by the British Channel 4’s coverage of London. I’m a huge fan of the Last Leg, and watch everything I can find from it on YouTube. If it’s just half as good, I’ll be thrilled.
Things that’ll show up on the blog this week
so get excited!
- A smoothie recipe to give you a great start on the day
- A bit of the activewear I’m currently lusting over
Things I posted a really long time ago
that we’ve all happily forgotten about
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies – “It’s for the blog!!!”
I mean look at…
… this cute boxing fight
… this cute babysitter
… this kitten imitating me when I go back to uni today
What do you want to achieve this week? Let me know in the comments!