Read in Danish
- Gå korte ture
- Lav lette øvelser for knæet med elastik
- Lad være med at have dårlig samvittighed over at være syg. Selvom der ikke er tvivl om at jeg er syg, så er der en lille stemme der siger jeg bare er doven, og burde have det dårligt over igen at være en byrde for min familie og kæreste – den gider jeg ikke lytte til!
Selvom jeg er dansk, blogger jeg primært på engelsk. Hvis du har nogen spørgsmål, så kontakt mig endelig på mail email@example.com eller på Instagram hvor jeg for det meste er hurtigere til at svare 🙂
I can’t come up with a more accurate description than FML for my life right now. If you’ve somehow managed to avoid my moany updates about being sick with mono. Which, if you haven’t tried it, can be pretty darn annoying, to say the least.
That’s the reason why there have been no new posts (how do you take sick leave from a blog?), and the rest of my holiday has been cancelled.
Life’s been against me this past year, I’ve jumped from one illness to another, all while trying to recover from a serious injury, just to get a setback when I’m forced to stay in bed.
There’s not much positivity to find in that. The good news is that I have no intention to stop fighting, I’ll put my energy into the things I can control, so let’s get this Monday Motivation going!
Things I totally did last week(?)
or at least tried to
- Run twice
- Set 1 priority goal daily
- Do more yoga
I set these goals before I got mono, and by now I can’t remember how they went – except for the running part, which I completed!
Things I’m totally gonna do this week
- Go for short walks: The thing about mono, is that it can leave you exhausted for a long time afterwards. I know my mum struggled to walk up the stairs months after. It also messes with your liver and spleen, which means you have to be careful with exercises and alcohol for a little while (guess which one I hate the most).
- Do the 2 easy knee exercises every other day: What makes it hard for me to be sick, is that as soon as I haven’t moved my legs for just a couple of days, my knee starts hurting – badly. There’s no way I’m able to hit the gym, or even just do my knee recovery workout, but I want to do the elastic band exercises. They’re not that hard but is better than nothing.
- Don’t feel guilty about being sick: I’ll be completely honest with you: I feel guilty for getting sick again. There’s a tiny voice in my head that tells my I’m just lazy, and that I should feel bad for burdening my family and boyfriend again. I know it’s against all logic (and my blood tests), but it’s something I’m fighting with.
Things that’ll show up on the blog this week
so get excited!
- A new post in the Thoughts from Therapy series about ripping your heart open
- A little round up with some workout wear/fitness clothes/activewear/work out clothes/I’m honestly not sure which word it’s normal to use
And that’s probably all that I can manage 🙂
Things I posted a really long time ago
that we’ve all happily forgotten about
- Banana Icecream aka Nicecream
- I believe in you | Little Reminder #3 (maybe it’s just me that needs this right now)
- Banana Muffins Recipe
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies – “It’s for the blog!!!”.
Also, there may not be an official treatment for mono yet, but I’m pretty sure baby animal therapy works.
I mean look at…
…this floof mocking a baby
hopefully not dead pup
… this baby-eating cutie
What do you want to achieve this week? Let me know in the comments!