Goodbye May, hello June!
Anybody else got a June dedicated to exams? Good luck!
Maybe even graduating? In which case congratulations! I’m happy for you, even though I wish I could join you.
In June I want to…
- Hand in my Bachelor’s thesis. (I did on June 1st) It was a weird feeling handing it in. Partly because it’s not over, I have to start thinking about I the defense. Partly because I’ve disappointed myself multiple times in the process, when I was confronted with the mismatch between the effort I wanted to put into the project, and the effort my body is capable of exerting (turns out it’s not a lot).
- Defend my BA thesis. Every time I think of this, my mind goes f***, f***, f***. My anxiety about this is so high,
- Graduate… at least I really want to. But as I explained here, it looks like it’s not going to happen. I just feel so done with uni at the moment, I can’t wait for it to be actually done.
- Try not to worry too much. (but like, how???) I hope I’ll look back on this time in a couple month, thinking “I wish I could tell June-Anne that it’s all going to be okay”. But right now there’s a lot of things that might not turn out okay. I don’t know when/if I’ll graduate. I need to find a new place to live. I need to find a job, but at the same time I’m not sure I’m well enough to work nor sick enough to not work. I have to fight to get any kind of treatment in the healthcare system.
- (I really need to turn around the tone of this post, and think of some positive things I can add to my June to make it a little better). Like watch Deadpool 2 with S. Well, technically, when this is published, I already have. But I loved it, so…
- Enjoy the sunshine. While writing my BA, I’ve spend a lot of hours inside, staring at the computer, only to once in a while steal a glimpse of the beautiful weather outside. My apartment and the tiny grass patch is covered in eternal darkness (I basically live in a cave thanks to the tall, thick bushes outside my window), but I do live close to a little park I can go to for picnics and sunbathing.
- Go to my first ever wedding. My cousin is getting married, and it’ll be the first time I go to a wedding 👰🤵
- Revive this blog. In May, all my energy went into the BA. I wish I could have updated the site more frequently, but I was just too drained to do so. June will have stressful periods as well, but hopefully I’ll find a moment here and there to write.
- Finish reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Summer is the time I read the most – mostly when school’s out, but I could use a hobby that doesn’t involve social media use for the sake of my mental health. Reading seems like a great choice for that! Especially fiction, though my to-read list is currently filled with non-fiction, I want to read more just for pure enjoyment. Do you have any recommendations for summer-reading?
What do you look forward to doing in June?
Since you made it all the way to the end, you may as well follow on Instagram as it’s the place to be! But their algorithm is a mystery so maybe sign up for my newsletter to never miss a post! ♡