Genuinely, I am so obsessed with Game of Thrones and I’m just not ready to wait another entire year for a new season. But at least summer is nice! (Now I’m thinking of Summer, trying not to cry).
Well, the heat has hit Denmark. And I’m loving the warm days and bright evenings. It makes it so wonderful to be outside, and I’ve been making it a habit to go for frequent walks (sometimes power walks) to enjoy it! I’d be running if I could, but my silly knee injury won’t let me.
Good thing there’s so many other fun ways to stay active this summer! I’ve compiled a list with my ideas on how to get moving – because even when you’re on vacation, it’s good to get moving 🙂
Some ideas are way to sneak in sweat session without thinking you’re exercising, and others are ways to stay active when it’s too damn hot!
- Use a playground as your outside gym
- Morning runs before it gets too hot outside
- Tossing frisbees
- Go swimming at the beach
- Bike rides to see news sides of the area you live in
- Go canoeing
- Fitness YouTube videos
- Go for a hike
- Mowing the lawn (well maybe not that fun, but somebody has to do it)
- Outdoor yoga – there’s just something special about practising outside
- Sports are usually a fun way to stay active – but does require a group of people
- Go on a nature trail
- Water aerobics
- Beach volley
- Join a running club or group
- Water balloon fights (because you need to stay hydrated?)
- Go to an amusement park – not much time to sit down there
- Rediscover your inner child – remember all the games you used to play?
- Dance the night away
- Try paddle boarding
- Laser tag
- Go to a water park
- Do a mini-triathlon
- Water volleyball
- End your day with a walk (along with someone you care about)
- Water gun battles (why should fun be exclusively for kids?)
- Beach runs – running in the sand is a great way to mix it up
- Jump rope
- Midnight runs/ workouts – The temperature is good, and you don’t have to get up early the next day!
- Walk a dog.
If you don’t have a dog, steal one. That’s what I’m going to do. Because dogs are the purest, loveliest creatures on this earth
How will you stay active this summer? Let me know in the comments!