Read in Danish
- Komme i gang med træning igen (så meget mit knæ kan holde til).
- Løbe en tur (med samme forbehold).
- Tænke grundigt over hvilken retning jeg vil gå – måske bare fordi et afbræk fra hverdagen sætter gang i en masse tanker.
Selvom jeg er dansk, blogger jeg primært på engelsk. Hvis du har nogen spørgsmål, så kontakt mig endelig på mail email@example.com eller på Instagram hvor jeg for det meste er hurtigere til at svare 🙂
It’s so good to see you again! Boy, have I missed you. Yes you – and well, blogging. Did you miss me? Probably not, because while I’ve been away for a week, the blog has still been running, posting scheduled posts. But as a human, I uphold the belief that I’m the center of the universe, and the world will stop spinning without me.
But I’m pretty happy to see that world is still running, although I think it’s been taken over by Pokémon?
It’s surprising how quickly you get out of the loop when you’re (almost) offline for a week!
Although the hotel wifi was bad, Amsterdam was amazing. I took over 1000 pictures, which my family thinks is ridiculous. I say it’s an unavoidable side-effect of being a blogger 🙂
I’m by no means a travel blogger, but I’ll share bits of our vacation with you soon. And by soon, I mean when I get access to a computer. Because I’m so smart I remembered to bring my laptop but not the charger. And I need to stop rambling, because this post needs to be done before the battery runs out!
Things I totally did last week
or at least tried to
- Prepare posts before my vacation: I actually DID prepare posts in advance. But I underestimated how late we’d get home (and my ability to remember to bring a charger) that there was no post on Wednesday.
- Go on a pizza cruise: I know the suspense have been killing you, so you’ll be glad to learn what a pizza cruise is. It’s eating pizza while cruising through the beautiful canals of Amsterdam. It’s an amazing way to see the city, the pizzas were delicious (and yes, we sailed to the pizzeria and picked them up). And as a bonus, there was Ben & Jerry’s for dessert!
- ENJOY MY VACATION: I really have. It was so good to spend time with my family. I haven’t been thinking too hard about what I’ve been eating, and we walked a lot (so much that my knee started to hurt), so besides from a bit of stretching, I took a vacation from exercising too. Which I’m completely fine with, but I also look forward to getting back to my gym 🙂
Things I’m totally gonna do next week
- Get back into working out: I’m not gonna set a number, because I need to listen to my body. I’ve been making so much progress with my recovery, and I plan to continue with that.
- Go for a run: In continuation with the previous goal, my physiotherapist recently assessed my knee, and cleared me for running again! It’s exciting, but I need to progress (frustratingly) slowly.
- Make decisions about my direction: Is it just me, or does a break from your regularly life and routines make you reflect a lot on what you miss and what really matters to you? Maybe it’s just because my brain is still on vacation, but I have a few potentially crazy ideas that I can’t get out of my head.
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies – “It’s for the blog!!!”
I mean look at…
…this pup seeing her reflection for the first time
…this bottle being attacked
…this pup that’s fallen over
I’m now at 13% battery, and it’s time to sign off.
What are your goals for the new week? Let me know in the comments – And have a great weekend!