Summer the rainy two-month break from uni in the middle of the year is so wonderful. I’ve been waiting for this for so long, and it’s no disappointment. My stress levels are getting back to normal and I feel like I can be myself again.
Like, I have time to make proper breakfast and actually enjoy it!
Hey, I said proper not pretty. Oatmeal art will never by me thing.
Well, I am a bit stressed thanks to somebody in Indonesia who thought it would be fun to hack my credit card and take my money. That better get sorted soon, or this will turn into a nightmare summer.
I’m also back on some medication (I should never have gone off in the first place). But there’s a pretty rough transition phase, but reading Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson helped me get my head straight. If you want to read a book that will make you laugh and cry hysterically this is it. If you’re not completely sold yet, let me tell you this. There’s a very happy racoon on the cover. You’re welcome.
Things I totally did last week
or at least tried to
- Have a 100% lazy day: Yup, I certainly managed that. And it was just what I needed. I didn’t do anything special, but relax, watch the TV and make pizza for myself 🙂
- Be active daily: This was a fail. And that’s okay. Well I haven’t had a day where I didn’t get outside or move at all, but skipped two planned workouts – because well that’s what my body (specifically my knee needed).
- Clean the mess that is my apartment: Finally. To me a clear room pretty much equals a clear mind, so this is refreshing.
- Plan blog content for the upcoming month: I have pretty much the next month planned out, and it’s looking pretty good. To hint at what’s coming at you, I can say there will recipes + some solid blogging tips.
- Watch all the EURO matches: As many as possible! But poor Spain, what happened to you? Now Germany (realistically) or Iceland (in my dreams) better win! 🇮🇸
Things I’m totally gonna do next week
- Prepare posts before my vacation: I’m going away for a week with my family, and as it’s uncertain if there will be wifi, I’m trying to prepare in advance so nobody will notice that I’m gone (but pls don’t forget about me completely). Also it’s uncertain if I’ll even have time to blog, as I rarely get to spend time with my family.
- Go on a pizza cruise: So my dad had prepared a little overview of our trip and the places we’re going, and on the first day we are going on a pizza cruise. I have no idea what that is, but in my head it is awesome. I’ll be so disappointed if it doesn’t include eating a ton of pizza.
- ENJOY MY VACATION: Obviously. Does this mean I’ll be working out on my vacation? Meh. I’ll be bringing my training band to do a bit, but as we’ll be walking a lot, it’s very likely my knee can handle any additional work. And as for diet? Well, it looks like I’m having pizza 🙂
Things that are too cute for this world
Because cute animals are the key to happiness and this way I can pretend I’m being productive when I spend hours looking at puppies – “It’s for the blog!!!”
I mean look at…
…this upcoming basket star
…these lil fluff balls
… this corgi who can’t walk down stairs
What are your goals for the new week? Let me know in the comments – And have a great weekend!