My sister loves to read as well, and she taught me how to make the cutest bookmarks from paper, shaped like a little heart. When I shared a picture of my first heart bookmark on instagram, you seemed to find them just as cute as I did. So now I’m going to teach you how to make heart shaped bookmarks.
Step 0. Gather your equipment! You only need a square piece of paper. However, it also needs to have the right size and that?s when the rest come in handy; If it?s too small it?s going to fall out easily, but it shouldn?t be too big to fit in the book either. I usually make them 10 cm /4 inches long.
- Step 1. Square piece of paper.
- Step 2. Fold diagonally – crease and open.
- Step 3. Fold the other diagonal – crease and open.
- Step 4. Turn over and fold in half – crease and open.
- Step 5. Turn over and fold the middles of the crease you just made in forming a triangle – See this animation.
- Step 6. Take the two corners of the triangle?s top layer baseline and bring them to the top – open.
- Step 7. Bring the top to the baseline.
- Step 8. Open the top layer and fold so it looks like step 9.
- Step 9. Look how far you?ve come! Only 5 steps left. Hang in there.
- Step 10. Fold it down.
- Step 11. Fold halfway up.
- Step 12. Use your finger to make and opening and make a tiny triangle in each end – See animation.
- Step 13. Black arrows: Make an even tinier triangle from the edge of both sides. White arrows: Fold a mini triangle from each peak.
- Step 14. Congratulations, you have made your own heart bookmark! 🙂 Optional: Place the bookmark in your favorite fitness book (and suddenly this post became fitness related)
- Do share your bookmarks (maybe along with your favorite book) with me on Instagram or Facebook. And leave any questions or general thoughts about this tutorial in the comments 🙂