In every healthy lifestyle, there should be room for little treats from time to time. As a hardcore chocolate lover, my treats will often include loads of chocolate (yummy!).
When I have a treat, I also like to make it something special – so instead of having some sad junk food that doesn’t even taste that well, my choice could be this strawberry tart with chocolate.
I had originally called this a strawberry pie, because there?s only one word for pie and tart in danish – it?s all just tærte. But with help from some lovely internet people, we?ve decided that this is a tart. (Let me just add that I don?t normally bake it in a springform pan like shown on the picture).
|FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY|
|125 g||flour (wheat)|
|1 tsp||vanilla sugar|
|FOR THE BASE OF MARZIPAN|
|100 g||flour (wheat)|
|FOR THE TOPPING|
|100 g||dark chocolate|
|Whipped cream, creme fraiche or similar as optional topping|
- Mix the ingredients for the short crust pastry
- Knead the dough into a ball. Add a bit of water to it if necessary to make it stick together. Let the dough sit in the fridge for ~30 minutes
- Prepare a pie/tart dish (or a springform pan like I did this time) and spread out the dough
- Prebake for 10 minutes at 225ºC // 430ºF
- Grate the marzipan
- Beat eggs and sugar until a ribbon is formed, mix with cream and marzipan
- Add the mixture to the prebaked tart crust (make sure you spread out the marzipan)
- Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes at 175ºC // 350ºF
- Spread the melted dark chocolate on top of the tart once it has cooled off, top with halved strawberries
P.S. If you have any strawberries left after decorating the tart, use them to get the last melted chocolate from the bowl for extra happiness points 😉