Goodbye July, hello August!
It. Is. Too. Hot. To. Move.
At least typing requires very little movement, but sitting next to a hot laptop is not optimal in this heat.
What a summer!
It’s a long time since it’s been this uncomfortably hot for such a long time in Denmark – and I do love it.
As long as I don’t have to move while the sun is shining.
It’s a week since I got back from my holiday, which was a family trip to Berlin. It’s such a fascinating city rich with history (a terrible one), and I’ve been sharing some pictures from my vacation on Instagram. That was definitely the highlight of my July.
Hopefully August (and September if we stretch it a big) will be the month where things will start to fall in to place, because these past few months have been hectic, and a lot of things are up in the air the moment 🤞🏼
Throwback: WHAT I WANTED TO DO IN July
In August I want to…
- …Celebrate my birthday! I’m turning 24 on the 10th, so that’s nice I guess?
- … Graduate. For real. If everything goes well, then I’ll finally have a degree. But before that:
- …Write my final exam paper. I just need to get it done and not get stuck in a spiral of procrastination due to
overwhelm, which only increase with time.
- …Move out. I live in a small apartment exclusively for students, so graduating also means getting kicked out. I still haven’t found a new place (and with all the new students moving here, it’s not going to be easy to find). So I might have to temporarily move home to my parents. They’re good people, but I’m not exactly thrilled at the thought – it kinda makes me feel like a child, it’s away from everything and I’ll be living out of a suitcase and boxes.
- …Practice self-care in the face of uncertainty. Uncertainty around my future, a place to live, job hunting (and ability to work), my body is a big source of stress for me. But I can’t control everything, so I focus on what I can do, be nice to myself, and live one day at the time.
Bingewatch the new season of OITNB. I don’t whether or not the new season is worth getting excited about it, but I’ll watch it anyway. Have you seen it yet?
- …See (another) specialist about my neck. Freaking finally. I’m seeing a rheumatologist, and I’m really hoping for some answers (been here before, been disappointed again and again). Please keep your fingers crossed for me.
- …Read my new book. Everyone in my family has a thing for books, so we always go to bookstores when we travel to a big city. I have an extra tight budget at moment (see above) so no shopping for me, but I did pick up a copy of Roxanne Gay’s Bad Feminist. I’ve heard it’s very interesting (whether you agree with her or not), so I’m excited to read it myself.
Related: What I want to do in…. Archive
How was your July? What do you look forward to in August?