So here’s your chance to get to know me even better
than you want to.
1. What’s your favourite candle scent?
– I hate the smell of candles. I don’t if it’s because it’s synthetic or what, but I can’t walk through an aisle with candles in a store without getting nauseous.
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
– My mind is too obsessed with Game of Thrones at the moment so they’re the only celebrities I can think of. So I’d love to be sisters with Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner!
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
– Kit Harrington is such a cute puppy…
4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
– No idea. I’ve been with S for a couple of years (and don’t see that ending any time soon), but there’s no rush to do it and it doesn’t really matter that much to me.
5. Do you know a hoarder?
– Not a pathological hoarder, but my mom is very bad at throwing things away, instead she feels up the attic with so much stuff.
6. Can you do the splits?
– If by splits you mean split my pants trying, then I totally can
7. How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?
– Maybe 3 or 4? I don’t know. I only remember that it took me a while to learn to use the brakes, so at first the only way I could stop was riding straight into a hedge.
8. How many oceans have you swam in?
– Hmm, I’ve been in the Mediterranean sea, and then the North Sea and Kattegat in Denmark.
9. How many countries have you visited?
– Well let’s see: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Spain, England, Ireland, France, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland – Though some of them was just driving through to get to South Europe. One day I’ll travel outside of Europe too.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
– Not currently.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
– I honestly find it so hard to imagine that one day I could be a mom. Like what?? I am a child, I can’t have one??
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
– I always call my food baby William so that’s an obvious choice.
13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
– I once got a 4 (D) in psychology… Turns out the teacher was super sexist and my final grade was a 12 (A). And well I’ve failed a few exams on uni while sick.
14. What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
– I absolutely loved W.I.T.C.H. – the tv show, the books, the monthly magazine!
15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were 8?
– …. Danish people don’t really do Halloween.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
– I’ve read Harry Potter so many times, Hunger games series once and I read a couple of pages of Twilight (before the film was made).
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
– 100% British. Or maybe Irish so I can be as fab as Aisling Bea.
18. Did your mother go to university?
– Yes, she studied some math-economics stuff.
19. Are your grandparents still married?
– My grandparents on my father’s side passed away before I knew them. On my mother’s side, my grandfather passed away after they had been married for over 50 years.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
– I learned a bit of martial arts at uni as part of a class on culture & movement. So I’m a pro at self-defence if the attacker move super slow and tell me which of the 3 preselected moves they’ll do.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
– Doesn’t everyone? I’ve never watched the Muppets though.
22. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to?
– I grew up less than 20 km from Lego land, so my family went there all the time.
23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
– Well, English for starters. But I also love french, and used to take lessons outside of school in it. And now that I’m an adult (what) I’ve realised how amazing it would be to know Spanish.
24. Do you spell the colour as grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
– Well, almost. I frequently offer to make him a wig from all the hair I’m constantly shedding, but he has yet to accept it.
26. Do you know triplets?
– Does it count if I know twins with a brother who was a year younger but looked like they may as well have been triplets?
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
– I don’t care enough about either to have a preference.
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
– Yes! I used to hate curry, but it’s grown on me.
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
– There’s a really good running sushi place in Odense. And Café Chino has the best burgers!
30. Have you ever been to Nando’s?
– Nope, that would be quite a trip for me!
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Macro, Bookers etc.)?
– Nope. Again, this not very relevant because I live in Denmark.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
– If they had a name planned, they never told me.
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
– Arne… and Stinky Winky as inside joke in a friend group
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
– Why are you making my pick between my family and my boyfriend? That’s mean
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or in the city?
– Somewhere in between, where I’m not completely isolated, but still close to nature.
36. Can you whistle?
– As long as I don’t have to follow a melody
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
– No, and I hate when anything electronic lights up at night
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
– Yes – otherwise I get nauseous because my bloodsugar drops too low.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
– Yes. My body is a mess (it’s not really that bad, it just feels that way sometimes).
40. What medical conditions do you have?
– Do you really want the full list? We can start with mental health, where I’m diagnosed with severe depressions (multiple times) and social anxiety. On top of that, I’ve messed up my left knee, my body overreacts whenever it comes in contact with pollen, I can’t see without glasses or contact lenses. And that silly thing Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-
And on top of that, my doctor and physical therapist is currently trying to figure what’s wrong with my head and neck. At the time of writing it may be something serious, so fingers crossed that it’s not.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
– Well I’ve broken fingers twice, messed up my knee, later had to have surgery. And because the hospital collaborates with university, I sneak over there to borrow the printer and sometimes use the library to study.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
– I have found both Nemo and Dory.
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
– My latest pair is from H&M, but I don’t have a “jeans place” per say. And why buy jeans when you can buy 1000 leggings??
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
– Partly jokingly, my chiropractor told me I looked very fancy in my jeans (because the previous time had joked that sports science student only wear active wear, and I said I just feel too formal & fancy wearing jeans).
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
– Yes. Then I share them in details with my boyfriend (whether he wants to hear it or not). Then he tells me I can never share them with anyone, because they’re so messed up.
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
– None. I’m the weirdo that drinkers neither tea or coffee.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
– Maybe… 10? 2 for every day use (both with holes, I should replace them asap), gym shoes, running shoes, hiking boots, winter boots, a formal pair. That’s not even 10!
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
– What children? I’m so not ready to think about questions like this (and I sorta don’t wanna talk about religion online).
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
– I don’t remember ever thinking he was real, only teasing my younger siblings about it.
50. Why do you have a blog?
– Because I love my little creative and emotional outlet. The connections and sense of community I’ve experienced through it is impossible not to love.
And of course I’d love to know if anyone else decided to do this tag as I’d love to read your answers! x